OverKill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*ATTENTION* AusFPS Server Upgrades

Go down

*ATTENTION* AusFPS Server Upgrades Empty *ATTENTION* AusFPS Server Upgrades

Post  Wissy Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:27 am

Hi,

AusFPS has been providing the current gaming services (Teamspeak and COD5) to Overkill. We've recently invested in new hardware and major network upgrades - that means we've got brand new IPs.

Teamspeak: 203.98.75.171:8768

Mixed Overkill Server: 203.98.81.67:28961

Please update both Teamspeak and your COD5 favorite list.

The upgrades are in response to large 30sec lag spikes caused by utilization of one core.

Thanks,
Steve

Wissy

Back to top Go down

*ATTENTION* AusFPS Server Upgrades Empty Re: *ATTENTION* AusFPS Server Upgrades

Post  Wissy Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:27 am

The game server is up and running once again. Further upgrades were done to improve performance and fix a RAID card that blew out over the weekend.

Additional 2GB RAM added - 6GB ECC RAM total
Additional Xeon Quad 3.2 - 8 Cores total
Windows Server 2003 > 2008

Your game server will be using the first 4 cores, if you experience any lag the server has load balancing enabled which means it will allocate the additional resources to your game server should it lag or 'about to crash'.

Billing has been extended to the 27th and will be on the 27th of every month - and is automatic. Please don't let the payment go past this date as the game panel plugs into the payment system and if it see's any outstanding amounts, TCAdmin suspends the game server/teamspeak server.

For those donating, payment amount is: $23.84 as of 20/02/2009. I expect the amount to stay the same as we do know eachother very well and this is a special price though if the hosting market rises, so will the prices, there's not a whole heap I can do about it. Please also note that we only do a maximum of 8 slots on Teamspeak servers that are free with special game servers, so your server has been altered to match.

I work hard on the pricing to match my closest competitor Hypernia and am doing well atm
1.49 USD = 2.32082 AUD = 37.12 16slot COD5 &
2.50 USD = 3.89400 AUD 10 Slot Teamspeak
Totaling $41.02

Ta,
Steve
AusFPS

Wissy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wissy Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:15 pm

The server will go out at 2am this Tuesday for 1 hour for a larger RAM upgrade to allow further clients and especially COD based servers as they use lots of memory. And remember, the Teamspeak is on a completely separate box, it will rarely go down ever again now that it's on a separate box.

6GB ECC Ram > 10GB ECC Ram.

Thanks.

Wissy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wissy Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Testing for the whole semi-dedicated server didn't work out,

SthAussie has decided to go with the dedicated server plan and and 3IX for the webhosting.

Payment will be made today (it's 2am now), I have given SthAussie the link and it will be the 28th of every month.

IP remains the same: 203.98.81.67:28961
Teamspeak has and will not change.

The dedicated box will not lag Cool

Ta

Wissy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down